The Five Glens Arts Festival will be coming to Manorhamilton in 2014 for its first ever outing! It is a celebration of song, dance, music, art and literature, of which there is a virulent infestation in this corner of Ireland. It will feature sessions of music and dance, storytelling, artwork, open mikes and poetry slams by the well known and the not so well known, the good, the bad and the ugly of us all, from here and from afar. It will be a time to rejoyce in the rich cultural seam that courses through every one of us; to enjoy, to take part in and to celebrate. The line up will include…
- Music and song by the great and the good, snuggled into the dusty corners of our local haunts and venues.
- Exhibitions of artwork from across the globe, to be auctioned off at the end of the show.
- Art showcasing and classes.
- Poetry slams, open mikes and prizes!
- International Short Story Competition.
- re-enactment of the hedge schools and storytelling as gaeilge near one of our unique and ancient stone monuments.
- Traditional skills and craft demonstrations.
- Walking tour of the town picking out local attractions like the mighty castle, the famine graveyard e.t.c.
- Cookery competition, Leitrims finest ‘the best boxty in Ireland’